The Library is available to all members of the community and is well stocked with over 22,000 volumes. New items are displayed weekly and are available to reserve.
An inter-library loan service and a remote mailing service are available to library members. Free Wi-Fi, Internet access and computer terminals are available for everyone.
The Library contains a comprehensive collection of
- audio books.
- fiction (novels).
- graphic novels.
- large print books.
- magazines & newspapers.
- non-fiction items (factual books e.g. Biographies and car manuals).
- Books on Prescription (mental health resources as recommended by Boab Health).
- E-Resources - books, audio and film.
- Dyslexia friendly collection (Children).
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE).
- Oral history collection.
- Parents collection - books to address topics such as death in the family, sharing, divorce, illness etc.
- Broome Local Studies (history, natural history, culture etc).
- Family history resources.
Early reader program books and board books to support early literacy are available.
Free scanning to email and USB drives. Printing and copying facilities are available. Charges apply.
The Broome Public Library is equipped to meet the needs of members of the community who may require special accessibility features. The Library has access ramps, desks and bathroom facilities to meet disability access requirements.
The Library offers titles in audio formats, larger print and a DVD Collection. A home delivery service is available to patrons who are unable to make the journey to the Library. For further information, please contact the Library.