Disruptions expected during Cable Beach Foreshore Redevelopment work
Published on 14 September 2023
The Shire of Broome is about to commence construction of a new roundabout, and stormwater drainage at the intersection of Sanctuary Road and Cable Beach Road West, as a part of the Cable Beach Foreshore Redevelopment Stage 1 works.
The work is scheduled to take place from September 18 until February 2024, with the timing determined by contractor avilability and to ensure it is completed before the end of wet season.
Traffic management and partial closures will be in place during that period.
- Vehicle access to Cable Beach, Cable Beach Club Resort, and Zanders Restaurant will be maintained at all times
- Pedestrian access to Cable Beach along Sanctuary Rd to Cable Beach Rd West will be maintained.
- Motorists and pedestrians are urged to take care during the construction period and have regard to the traffic management measures in place, including following the directional signage provided.
- Access to the carpark at the rear of the Broome Surf Club will be closed to the public during the period of the works.
- Pedestrian and vehicle access to Cable Beach and the Broome Surf Club (SLSC), via the carpark at the Broome Surf Life Saving Club, will be closed for the period of the works, except for emergency vehicles (life savers, ambulance, fire, police etc), and service vehicles.
- All pedestrian access to the SLSC shall be via the coastal path from the North, from near Zanders restaurant.
The Broome Life Saving Club will remain open during this time.
Minyirr Park path closed near Murray Road
The drainage works will also require the closure of the path into Minyirr Park/beach access from Cable Beach Road West at the Murray Road intersection, from Monday, September 18 to November 30. The trail it connects to has other entry and exit points.
There will be signage in place.