Shire supports Broome community as events funding recipients endorsed
Published on 04 May 2022
Nine local community organisations will receive more than $250,000 in combined funding after a Shire of Broome Council decision last week.
The Events Development Funding (EDF) program has been developed by the Shire to assist local organisations to deliver events that benefit the Broome community.
As a result of the latest round of funding, organisations in Broome’s arts, sport and community sectors have been supported to deliver local events.
The total committed funding comes to $267,535 and was endorsed at the April 2022 Council Meeting last week.
Shire of Broome president Harold Tracey said the successful recipients of EDF funding for 2022-23 comprised a diverse cross-section of the community.
“Being able to give a helping hand to local organisations to deliver events for our community that foster civic pride is fantastic,” he said.
“This year’s recipients are quite varied, with nine worthy causes supported.
“We received excellent submissions this time around and there are some very exciting initiatives in the pipeline, which the Shire is delighted to help come to fruition.
“Everything we do has our community in mind and this is another example of the Shire working in partnership with our wonderful not-for-profits, community organisations and sports groups for the betterment of Broome.
“I look forward to these events and initiatives being delivered.”
A full list of 2022-23 EDF grant recipients is below.
2022-23 EDF recipients
- Kimberley Arts Network - $11,035 (ex GST) to be made as cash payment for the Indigenous Community Festival Participation Program 2023.
- Saltwater Country Ltd - $20,000 (ex GST) per year, for three years, to be made as a cash payment for the delivery of the Rhythm & Ride Festival 2023-25.
- Shinju Matsuri Inc - $110,000 (ex GST) for the purchase of an event hub ($80,000) and $30,000 for venue hire for the 2022 Shinju Matsuri festival.
- Goolarri Media Enterprises Pty Ltd - $5,000 for the development of CinefestOz Broome.
- Athletics West - $17,500 for the delivery of the WA North West Athletics Championships.
- Broome Aboriginal Media Association - $10,000 per year, for three years, for sponsorship of the event NAIDOC 2022.
- Broome Pride Inc. - $7,500 per year, for three years, for sponsorship of the event Broome Pride.
- Touch Football Australia Ltd - $6,500 for sponsorship of the event Beach Touch Footy 2023 Broome edition.
- Fat Bike Championship Inc - $5,000 for sponsorship of the 2023 AusCycling Fat Bike National Championships.