Events General Information

An event application is required for most events.

Events can include:

  • Large gatherings run as a commercial activity;
  • Ceremonies and processions;
  • Sporting and competitor events – marathons, triathlons, organised swims, and other similar events;
  • Shows and fairs including circuses, carnivals, and other customised venue-based events;
  • Festivals, concerts, exhibitions and expos; and
  • Community events and fundraisers.

When is a Permit required?

A permit is required if you are holding an event in a public place. A public place includes Shire reserves, beaches, parks, roads, road reserves and other areas generally open for use by the public. A public place can also be privately owned land, if the public is allowed to use the land for the event.

Your event will generally not require a permit if it:

  • Is held at an educational premise, including primary, secondary, and tertiary educational facilities;
  • Is held at a religious centre, including churches and worship centres; or 
  • Is held in a public park or reserve and is an activity considered to be general recreation, including private family gatherings and parties.

For all event applications it is very important that all details of the proposed event, the organiser contact details and the required evidence are provided. To understand the application process click here.

Please navigate to SpacetoCo to book a suitable location, and if required use our online application form here.

Event Application Fees and Venue Hire is charged in accordance with the Shire of Broome Schedule of Fees and Charges. A bond may be applicable for the hire of a Shire of Broome Venue.

Please note - Any additional costs incurred from your event that are above the original invoiced amount are to be paid to the Shire of Broome before a permit is issued.