Property boundary fences are covered by the WA Dividing Fence Act, which is administered by WA Building and Energy. We can provide limited advice, but do not have any power to apply the legislation. Dividing fences- https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/building-and-energy/dividing-fences

To assist you with residential fencing, we have produced an information sheet - Fencing in Residential Areas. 

Street boundary fences also need to comply with planning legislation, known as the R-Codes.

SPP 7.3 residential Design Codes Vol 1 Street fences need to be visually permeable to enable passive surveillance between you and your neighbourhood. Solid blank walls and fences in the front of your building, are not acceptable in normal residential situations.

Please refer to the Shire fencing policy for other fencing on commercial properties.