Frequently Asked Questions

What if my bin is missed or damaged?

Damaged bins are repaired free of charge. For enquiries and repairs please click here or phone the Shire on 9191 3456.

What happens if my bin is stolen?

Stolen or vandalised bins must be reported to the Police Assistance Line on 9194 0200. A Police Incident Report Number is required by Council before a replacement bin can be issued.

Can I get an additional recycling or waste bin?

Please submit an online application here for requests for an additional 240L waste or 360L recycling bin. 

What if I move to a new property?

The bins are the property of the Council and are individually numbered and must remain at the property when you move. To organise a new waste and recycling service for your new property, simply click here or call the Shire on 9191 3456.

Why wasn’t my bin collected?

If non-acceptable items, or contamination, are placed in your bin, it may not be emptied. All recycling trucks have on-board cameras and drivers may place a sticker on the bin to advise why the bin was not emptied. The bin will only be emptied once the contaminant has been removed. If your bin has had a sticker placed on it for three consecutive weeks for non-conformance, your recycling service may be suspended.

If the bin was not placed out prior to 6 am or has been obstructed in any way, the bin may also not be emptied.

For missed waste and recycle bin pick-ups only, please call Cleanaway on 9194 5200.